Corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Nykredit
Nykredit's business concept of Financial sustainability describes our way of conducting business. Long-term relations as well as commitment to our social responsibilities are integral elements of Nykredit's business.
To Nykredit, corporate social responsibility is far more than compliance with the letter and spirit of rules and regulations. Nykredit takes it further.
As a customer
You receive holistic advisory services that provide perspective and improve your options. Nykredit:
- Has introduced a model for advisory services interviews with customers to ensure a systematic and holistic approach to your financial situation.
- Grants loans on the basis of the repayment amount of fixed-rate loans with principal payments.
- Has established a Complaints unit and appointed a customer ambassador to contribute to continuing the good dialogue between you as a customer and Nykredit.
- Has launched a hotline for financially distressed customers seeking advice on how to get their finances back on track.
- Has drawn up a sustainable investment policy to inform you as an investor of our measures to ensure responsible handling of your funds.
- Has adopted the UN's principles for responsible investments, UNPRI. Twice a year, our investment portfolios are screened to ensure compliance with these principles. A list of companies that do not meet the requirements of Nykredit's policy is published.
As a business partner
You experience competence, respect and determination to realise mutual benefits. Nykredit:
- Has established portals to assist business relations.
- Contributes its expertise to the cooperation.
As an investor
You are offered a broad range of investment options with focus on security and transparency. Nykredit:
- Has a professional website – Investor Relations – which gives a clear and current picture of the Danish bond market and Nykredit.
- Provides relevant and concise information to investors.
- Works towards a secure and efficient bond market.
- Adapts its product range to meet the demands of the investor groups, also in the long term.
- Plans its bond issues to the benefit of borrowers, investors and the stability of the financial system.
As a staff member
You have room to unfold your full potential while maintaining a work-life balance. Nykredit strives to be one of the most attractive and challenging workplaces in Denmark because we focus on:
- Resource mobility as one of the fundamental business concepts behind the new group strategy. Consequently, efforts are focused on the balance between recruitment and career development and on strengthening our intercompany competence pool.
- Work-life balance; including the development of a life phase model which couples commitment and ambitions through perspective and flexibility with needs and wishes for different phases in life.
- Competency development and career opportunities through certified intercompany training as well as external courses.
- Diversity. Among other initiatives, Nykredit has signed a Charter for more women in management and participates in the integration projects of the Danish financial sector.
As a member of society
You can expect us to contribute to securing a stable and efficient financial market,
- Is solidly behind the efforts to stabilise the financial markets, including co-financing of the bank rescue package.
- Has a sustainable capital policy with an adequate buffer to uphold lending in favourable as well as adverse economic trends and thereby counteract the negative effects of recession.
- Actively works to contribute knowledge within our field of competence to our stakeholders.
- Has adopted the UN's Global Compact programme for sustainable companies.
- Is in the process of implementing an environment and climate policy that aims to reduce our carbon footprint by 10% in the period from 2008 to 2011 as well as increase awareness of the potential of energy efficiency.
- Has initiated the New Network project, which cooperates with Junior Chamber to provide mentors for young non-ethnic Danes applying for work in the Danish labour market.
- Forms part of a social partnership – Råd til livet – with the Mary Foundation, Mødrehjælpen (a private humanitarian organisation for vulnerable families with children) and Foreningen Østifterne. In addition to financial support, Nykredit also encourages staff to offer free and independent financial advice to battered women and other women at risk in the metropolitan area.
- Is sponsoring and supporting Louisiana, the Royal Danish Theatre, the National Gallery of Denmark, Copenhagen Business School and is part of a social partnership with the Mary Foundation.