Nykredit's environment and climate policy is based on our business concept of Financial Sustainability. Financial Sustainability promises balance and long-term relations.
The effects on the environment and climate are a serious challenge to society. Being one of Denmark's largest financial businesses, we share the responsibility for contributing to a long-term environment and climate response.
We are working to improve the environment and climate:
Through dialogue to motivate staff, suppliers and customers to care about the environment and climate
By containing Nykredit's own impact on the environment and climate on a current basis
By including the environment and climate aspect in the development of products, concepts and advisory services, whenever relevant.
We have pinpointed the following focus areas in respect of the Group's environment and climate efforts:
In-house environment and climate activities
Our in-house environment activities focus on:
- Development and support of values, principles and competences in the organisation relating to the environment and climate
- Systematic follow-up on the environment and climate policy through an in-house climate management system, which is also to ensure that targets are being set for these initiatives
- Requirements concerning consideration for the environment and climate when buying goods and services
- Enhancing awareness of environment and climate activities through reporting and other communication.
Customers and products
Customer-oriented activities are aimed at:
Including environmental and climate considerations in our daily work whenever relevant
Developing concepts, products and advisory services stimulating our customers' and primary stakeholders' environmental and climate awareness and investments.
Climate initiatives and partnerships
Society-oriented activities focus on:
- Supporting communication and the employment of new environmental and climate knowledge and technology
- Sharpening focus on the environment and climate through partnerships, sponsorships and dialogue with our stakeholders.
The environment and climate policy was adopted in December 2008, and we are now preparing action plans and targets for each area.