Together we are more
Nykredit is different. Yes, we are a bank. And a mortgage provider too. But in one important area we are different: We are owned by an association of customers. Being customer-owned, we are in a unique position to give something back to our customers when we are doing well. Together we can simply do more for our customers and for society.
Together we can do more for our customers
At Nykredit, we help our customers stay on top of their finances and provide them with opportunities and security. We want to share their dreams and worries and help them find the right solutions. Being customer-owned, we are in a unique position to share our success with our customers.
Together we can create more value for society
At Nykredit, we believe in all of Denmark. We are owned by an association of homeowners and businesses that live and operate all over Denmark, and we are Denmark's largest lender. We have made a special commitment to offer financial solutions in urban and rural districts alike, at all times.
Read more about Forenet Kredit here.
Nykredit is a diverse business: mortgage lender, banker, insurer, estate agent, financial mutual – and much more. Brief facts about Nykredit:
- The name Nykredit first appeared in 1985 when Forenede Kreditforeninger and Jyllands Kreditforening merged
- Main activities: mortgage lending and banking
- Nykredit Realkredit A/S is wholly owned by Nykredit A/S
- Forenet Kredit is majority shareholder of Nykredit A/S
- Income Q1 2020: DKK 1.894 bn
- Total lending 2020-03-31: DKK 1,347bn
- Equity 2020-03-31: DKK 83.479bn
- Assets under administration 2020-03-31: DKK 777bn
- Assets under management 2020-03-31: DKK 306bn
- Market leading mortgage lender with a market share of 42.3 %*
- Denmark's largest lender with a market share of 32.7%*
- One of Denmark's largest banks with a market share of 6.1%**
* From MIFI statistics
**Bank lending exclusive of reverse repurchase lending
At Nykredit, we are proud of our heritage. And we are aware that the world around us is changing dramatically these years. Economic globalisation, internationalisation of regulation and digitisation pose completely new challenges and opportunities.
This is no easy task and requires great foresight and adaptability on our part. In times of change, we cannot promise that everything will remain the same. But we can promise that we will stick to our values as we pursue our journey as a mutually-controlled financial services provider and strive to share our success with our customers. In order to uphold this promise, we have made six pledges.