Responsible Climate and Environmental policy
Nykredit's ambition on the climate and environmental area is to make Denmark greener. We support the green transition of society by offering green solutions to our homeowner customers.
At the same time, we aim to reduce our own CO2 emissions by 65% by end of 2020; an ambitious target that we can only reach by constantly responding to the new climate and energy challenges facing the world.
Together we can make a difference
As Denmark's leading lender, Nykredit has a great potential for supporting the green transition of society and helping homeowners, businesses and investors reduce their CO2 emissions. This includes developing sustainable value propositions and investment products, as well as financing renewable energy projects.
Green solutions add value to the home
Sustainable investments pay off
Renewable energy makes green the new black
Nykredit prioritises green choices
Energy consumption within our operations, is the area where we have the greatest direct CO2 impact on the climate. A key element of our climate and environment strategy 2020 is thus the reduction of CO2 emissions from energy consumption. Nykredit is continually working to reduce energy consumption and make the transition to renewable energy sources. Since 2012 we have reduced our CO2 emissions by:
- making energy consumption more efficient by means of new technologies to better manage our ventilation and climate systems
- reducing our total floorage, for instance by working smarter
- running a number of campaigns each year that instil awareness of green habits in our staff
- controlling energy consumption through our operations centre, which ensures quick rectification of errors in the event of recorded additional consumption
- fitting solar panels to our buildings.
Nykredit is focused on changing and reducing our travel activity, thus making travel as eco-friendly as possible. Travel is currently about 25% of our total CO2 emissions. By changing our everyday behaviour, we can make a huge difference to the climate and our local environment.
Since 2012 we have reduced travel-induced CO2 emissions by:
- investing in electric cars for use in eg Nykredit's operations
- tightening energy requirements for our shared cars and company cars
- encouraging staff to substitute video calls for physical meetings
- motivating staff who travel to always choose the most cost-effective type of transportation with the least impact on climate and the environment.
Reuse generates good energy
When Nykredit moves or needs new furniture or equipment, we ensure that furniture or equipment which has served its purpose is reused.
We prioritise making donations to socially responsible organisations. This means that our used furniture and equipment are reused for educational programmes for young people with special needs, integration projects and to help mentally vulnerable people.
The donations are a natural part of Nykredit's ambition to support a circular approach and contribute to this trend in all of Denmark. This has a dual effect, benefiting both the environment and people.
Data and facts
Here you will find data and information that provide an overview of Nykredit's climate and environmental efforts.